A lot of women believe that visiting an OB/GYN regularly is unnecessary. Nothing could be farther from the truth! It is critical that you visit your OB/GYN on a regular schedule to ensure you remain healthy and that health problems can be detected, diagnosed, and treat early.
OB/GYN For Women’s Health
Doctors who specialize in women’s health are called OB/GYNs. They deal with matters concerning the female reproductive system and pregnancy, among other things. OB/GYN is the shortened form of the two fields concerned with women’s health: obstetrics and gynecology.
Girls as young as 11 should make their first visit to an OB/GYN. This ensures that as they enter the phase of puberty, they maintain healthy development. From then on, regular visits for check-ups are important as bodily changes will keep occurring. Maturation does not only mean physical changes in the body but also the start of sexual activity, pregnancies, reproductive health issues, menopause, and much more – all of which concern OB/GYNs.
What Can Obstetrics Offer You?
Obstetrics is the field that deals with pregnancy and childbirth. This includes not only the pregnancy term but delivery and post-pregnancy care, as well. To cover this wide range of issues, the following obstetric services are available:
● Pregnancy support – An obstetrician offers vital care for you and your unborn child during pregnancy. Regular appointments with your obstetrician are vital at this time of your life and can be the support you need for the well-being of both your child and yourself.
● Monitor complication – Check-ups with your obstetrician can help you monitor common complications such as hypertension, preeclampsia, and STIs. This is also a step forward to prevent the development of serious situations such as stillbirth and miscarriage.
● Preparation – Regular appointments keep you well-informed on the progress of your pregnancy and aware of the actions you can take to improve your health as well as the development of your baby. It will not only keep you well-informed, but your visits will also keep your obstetrician updated and able to act fast in case of complications.
What Can A Gynecologist Do For You?
Gynecology complements the field of obstetrics. This field deals with the broad matters of the female reproductive system.
Gynecologists concentrate on the following:
● Sexually transmitted diseases
● Reproductive health issues
Most gynecologists offer a variety of gynecologic services, from testing to treatments, such as HPV, mammograms, and more. Treatment plans for various reproductive health-related diseases and concerns are available for those who need them.
Regular screenings for various reproductive health-related conditions can make sure you’re healthy and not at risk of spreading diseases to others. By regularly visiting your gynecologist, you can be aware of different sexually transmitted diseases, like chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and HIV.
Going to your gynecologist regularly for testing can help minimize health emergencies. Early detection of fatal diseases can increase your chances to get treatment immediately and survive. The second most common cancer, breast cancer, can be detected through breast exams and mammograms.
Regular appointments with your gynecologists don’t only include sexually transmitted diseases but also your sexual development and growth. As mentioned earlier, girls as young as 11 can start regular visits to their gynecologists. These doctors keep an eye on women’s health issues as changes occur in the body, which enables them to treat irregularities before they worsen.
University OB/GYN Associates In Syracuse, NY
Regular appointments with your OB/GYN are important to ensure that all is well with your health. Quick disease diagnoses, treatments, and prevention are made possible when you consult your OB/GYN routinely.
University OB/GYN Associates in Syracuse, New York, can provide excellent women’s health care for you. Our physicians specialize in general obstetrics and gynecology but can also provide services for urogynecology, maternal and fetal medicine, family planning, and much more. We strive to give our best care to every patient.
Women’s health is an important matter. Trust us at University OB/GYN Associates in Syracuse, New York, and book an appointment with us by calling (315) 464 5162 today.